It is our intention to provide our clients with not only a professional and therapeutic massage, but exceptional service and personalized attention at all times. The following policies and procedures are in place to enable us to provide the highest quality service to each of our clients.
Scheduling, Rescheduling & Cancellation Policy:
We understand that unanticipated events occur. Car problems, traffic considerations, business meetings, and project deadlines affect our daily lives and can interfere with a massage appointment.
In our commitment to provide an outstanding massage experience to all of our clients and out of consideration for our own time, we have adopted the following policies:
- All massage appointments are by appointment only
- Should you need to cancel, please do so within 24 hours as no-shows will be charged for a full session
- Any changes within 6 hours of your scheduled appointment time will be charged at 50% of full service price
- Please arrive for your appointment 30 minutes prior to the scheduled start time to allow time for a consultation and to complete any new client forms.
- Late arrivals will receive a reduced treatment time and the original reservation fee will be charged.
Cell Phone Policy:
Cell phone devices should be turned off before your session begins. We need to maintain a quiet and relaxed environment.
Safety & Confidentiality:
- The discussion between the massage therapist and the client is confidential.
- Any health information disclosed, observed or treated will be kept confidential under HIPAA law
- We do not massage anyone under the age of 18 without signed parental consent and direct supervision.
- Massage Therapist will gladly adjust pressure, temperature, music selection or volume, work longer on an area or move on at client request. Please let us know your preferences so we can provide you with the best experience possible.
- The client may choose to: leave on as much clothing as needed for comfort, refuse any massage methods, or stop the massage at any time.
- The client will always be modestly draped. Only the area being massaged will be undraped. Requests for no draping will NOT be accommodated in accordance with our own ethical guidelines and Texas law.
- Requests for sexual activity will not be tolerated. The treatment will be stopped, and the request will be viewed as solicitation and reported to the proper authorities under the guidelines of the massage therapy policies and procedures. The client will not be rescheduled and the full service price will be charged.
- The breast and genital area will not be massaged under any circumstances. Permission will be asked before working close to these areas; otherwise, a professional distance will be maintained.
- Sexual interaction or discussion of any kind between the client and the massage therapist is never appropriate.
Gift Certificate Policy:
- Gift certificates are non-refundable
- Gift certificates are non-transferable
- Gift certificates have no cash value
- Gift certificates are valid for one year after purchase as indicated on the certificate itself
- Gift certificates must be presented upon arrival of scheduled appointment time
Massage Therapy Policies & Guidelines
Massage Therapy Patient Intake Form
Massage Therapy Informed Consent Form
- Relieves Pain, Stiffness, and discomfort: Massage is a direct form of therapy which goes exactly where the tissues reside. By dealing with the problems directly and naturally, without the use of medication, the muscles are not only relieved but are brought back to the time before the issue arose.
- Increases mobility: Years of repetitive activity can lock the body into a routine which limits your range of motion. By performing a variety of massage techniques and stretches the muscles wake up and begin to increase their range of motion
- Improves circulation: The circulatory system is intertwined with the muscles. Thus, restoring the proper function of the muscles opens up the blood vessels and increases blood flow: an important part of a well-functioning body
- Detoxifies your system: Sometimes the body holds toxins in specific areas due to physical trauma and strain. By working these areas, the toxins are released back into the blood stream where the body eliminates them.
- Promotes relaxation: A well-functioning muscular and circulatory system free of physical tension indicates to the mind that things are going well. When your body feels relaxed, the brain receives signals that positive chemicals should be released, thus increasing the well-being of both the body and the mind.
- Decreases anxiety: Anxiety is a physiological issue but the body often house anxiety in its muscle structure. By clearing the pathways and realigning the muscles your mind is told by your body that the physical cues which indicate anxiety have been removed.
- Enhances quality of sleep: Removing the deeply imbedded stresses in your body allows for more pleasant sleep as the tensions associated with daily life appear more manageable.
- Reduces fatigue: The muscles in your body hold fatigue in your body for a multitude of reasons. By massaging the muscles, the body is told to reboot the proper function of those problematic areas.
- Improves concentration: A relaxed body is essential for a relaxed mind. By removing stress from the fascia and improving circulation the body is able to focus on the task at hand instead of being preoccupied with its internal and unconscious issues.
- Promotes Energy
Contraindications & Side Effects:
- Vigorous massage should be avoided by people with bleeding disorders, low blood platelet counts and by people taking blood-thinning medications.
- Massage should not be done in any area of the body with blood clots, fractures, open or healing wounds, skin infections, weakened bones (such as from osteoporosis or cancer) or where there has been a recent surgery.
- Although massage therapy appears to be generally safe for cancer patients, they should consult their oncologist before having a massage that involves deep or intense pressure. Any direct pressure over a tumor usually is discouraged.
- Pregnant women should consult their health care provider before using massage therapy.
- Side effects of massage therapy may include temporary pain or discomfort, bruising, swelling and a sensitivity or allergy to massage oils.
- 15 minute massage: $25
- 60 minute massage: $75
- 90 minute massage: $100
Deep Tissue Massage
- 60 minute massage: $85